Sunday, January 2, 2011

Turn that unused calendar into a work of art!

Have you ever found yourself purchasing a really gorgeous calendar and wishing you could find art work and prints as fabulous as some of the pics in there? I have bought many calenders with intents of turning them into fabulous artwork.


 My Vintage Barbie Artwork in our Guest Bedroom
Last year, my mom purchased this calendar for me. She bought it because she had recently bought me a gorgeous Vintage Barbie print from one of my favorite stores, Z Gallerie. I loved the prints in the calendar and wanted to use them again. So I hauled myself down to Michael's Craft Store and purchased a few old frames. I wasn't crazy about their color so I spray painted them with a gorgeous metallic gold. My guest bedroom is probably the only room that I actually have a gold in, but I just thought it went so well with the feel of the bedroom. After spray painting, I carefully cut out my calendar pics and framed with the built in matting. Super easy and super cheap!! Two of my favorite things =)

My Saturday Evening Post Artwork behind our front door
As you can tell already, I am in love with anything vintage. I swear, I should have lived in the 50's and 60's. I so would have rocked the Mad Men look. Anyways, I found these prints from a calender I purchased at Tuesday Morning. I loved the covers so much, and I knew I would incorporate it somehow in the house.

So there you have it! Easy and cheap artwork that only looks like you bought it at some fancy home store. It also is great when people compliment it and you can say that you did it!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE this idea! If only I could get back some old calendars I threw away in the past!
    I love your blog! It seems we have more in common than our first names ;o) I am definitely taking notes for when I move out of my 1/1 condo and into a house!

    ReplyDelete