Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cute gift idea for dog owners

I made this craft over the summer for my Family Wall. Since the husband and I only have furbabies, I decided to have pictures of them on the wall since they are our family. I absolutely love the silhouette images of children, so I decided to make one of our "children." I thought about taking a picture of the dogs to get the perfect silhouette, but since my dogs have ADHD, they can't be still for more than 2 seconds. So, I googled images of the types of dogs they are. When I finally found 2 that would work for our dogs, I enlarged them to the same size and printed them out. Then, I carefully cut the images out with a very sharp razor blade. I placed them on black cardstock and traced the images. Then I carefully cut those out. I chose to put the silhouettes on striped paper to make the images pop. I put Major's image on blue for a boy, and I put Stella's on pink for a girl. I really liked how they turned out, and they were so easy to make. I think this would make a perfect gift for your four legged loving friends.

 Major

 Stella
Our board and batten Family Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment