Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Coffee Filter Topiaries

Since I have been "snowed in", I have been looking at many of my favorite blogs and obsessing over the new coffee filter wreaths. I decided to take that idea and turn them into topiaries. Here was my long journey:
Here are a few of the supplies I started with.


 I also found these two adorable urns at a Habitat store and fell in love.

 Here is a closeup of the urn before I spraypainted them. Love the romantic details!
 Ok here is my styrofoam ball in process of being covered in 100 coffee filters. This part took forever, so I would suggest that you invest in a great movie and get to work. Oh and also get ready for some 3rd degree burns from your hot glue gun.

 In the process...there was finally a light at the end of the tunnel


 Here is one completely finished!! I am so in love with how they turned out. It was well worth the time and burns. I think these would be so cute for a wedding or a little girl's nursery.

So there they both are in their completed glory. I put them on my kitchen table for now because I don't know where else to put them yet. Stay tuned for a coffee filter wreath tutorial.

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard of glimmer mist? The trees would look differnt with a squirt of shimmery color and shine with glimmer mist. I love the trees. Thank you for sharing. Caitlin told me about your blog.

    ReplyDelete