Sunday, January 2, 2011

Meet my two fur babies

 Major "Trouble"
This precious sweet baby boy is my pride and joy. We adopted Major right after my beloved yellow lab passed away. I wanted to adopt from animal control because at the Humane Society, they are a no kill shelter. Meaning that even if they can't find the babies a good home, they will not euthanize. My local animal control shelter does euthanize if they are over crowded :(....I can't even explain how much this breaks my heart... So the hubby and I went to the animal control shelter to "look" at dogs with no intentions on bringing one home yet...for those who really know me, you know I can't just "look" at dogs without taking one home. I asked to see some of the dogs who had been there the longest, meaning they had a shorter time left to be able to be adopted. The lady then introduced me to this little guy. It was literally love at first sight. I then gave the hubby my biggest "pretty please with a cherry on top" eyes and of course he gave in. We brought him home and the rest is history! They told us that he would have had another week before he would have been euthanized... :(....... Can you imagine someone not wanting this handsome man??



Stella Luna
This little baby girl is the love of my life...besides the hubby ;). We actually went through a breeder to get this little princess. I can't imagine life without her, but I would have rather saved a baby from a shelter. Anyways this pint sized 3 pound chihuahua is the only girl that comes between me and my husband...no, really she sleeps between me and my husband. We love her so much, and she makes me laugh every single day.
Look at that face!!

So there, now you have met our fur babies. Of course one day when we are ready we would love to have actual babies, but these guys will do for now. I can't imagine life without these two!

No comments:

Post a Comment