Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Dirty Little Secret




Ok, here goes my big confession....I have an addiction, and that addiction is shoes!! Also I am a bit messy with my obsession/addiction. Since Jack Frost has canceled work the past two days, I decided to clean up my shoe/purse closet. (yes I do have a separate closet for my addiction) Now, I am not proud of the addiction and I am also not proud how messy this closet has gotten, but I am willing to share my struggles in organizing it and keeping it organized. 

 How appropriate is the sign above my shoe closet??

Yikes!! This is a before pic of my unorganized obsession.

 I can hear my hubby groaning at all of my "junk"

 My little fur baby shares part of my closet also and even she is embarrassed!


 This closet has also served as a dumping place for my school books as you can see =)



 Dog costumes and clothes everywhere!!


So my first step was to DECLUTTER!! I take the rule that if I haven't worn them in over a year, I am most likely never going to wear them again. So with that said, I filled up a large trash bag to drop off at my local Goodwill. It felt so good to give away some of my precious shoes, because I knew they were going to make someone else very happy.

Here is a pic of what my after looked like:




 I even organized my cubbies to make things more accessible

Then, I organized my heels according to styles:



 Peep toes on top because I tend to wear this style more.

 Suede on next level for winter time

 Pointy toes on next level because I rarely wear these

 Dressy


OK, now I didn't have room for my sandals so these are still kind of messy. Overall I am happy how it turned out. Now, I can find shoes much easier, and my husband was so happy that I cleaned up my messy shoe closet!! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment