Saturday, January 15, 2011

Little Love Birds DIY Craft



This is a really easy Valentine's Day Craft that I thought of that is very affordable and super adorable. Here is the step by step craft and I will list the supplies and cost at the end for those of you who are curious:

2 boring little love birds I found at the Dollar Tree

They looked boring here but I knew I could make them special for Valentine's Day

One of my favorite craft supply! This is Krylon's Ballet Slipper Satin spray paint. I saw this pink and I knew I had to paint something this color. If you haven't guessed...pink is my favorite color

Twinklit's Diamond Dust. I bought this while doing so many Christmas crafts and I love it so much. Its sparkly without too much glitter.

Here are the steps:

1. I spray painted my two love birds that pretty pink and then give them plenty of time to dry


2. Grab a can of Spray Adhesive

3. Give the birdies a good spray of the adhesive

4. Sprinkle to diamond dust all over and shake off excess

Here is one all finished

Here are my two love birds sitting on my coffee table. I think they make a great addition to my Valentine's Day decor...don't you? :)


Supplies:
  • 2 ceramic birds from Dollar Tree ($2.00)
  • 1 can Krylon Spray Paint in Ballet Slipper from Walmart ($2.97)
  • 1 can spray adhesive from Michael's ($2.99)
  • 1 jar Diamond Dust from Michael's ($7.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment